Tuesday, October 14, 2008

day342

so let me fill you in on the details.

as i said before this is my 2nd year in kenya, my 342nd day.
the first year wasnt so bad...
for the first 4 months.
then i realized i had a life before i came here.
a good one too.
and i missed my family and friends.
typical.
then school started. January 14th 2008m, day130.
i had a uniform {barf} a green tie, grey pants, a white shirt, black socks, and black shoes.
stupid uniform.
then i learned, and very quickly, that school systems in kenya are a lot harder than your average American schools.
a lot more homework too.
after a bazillion tests and an unimaginable hours of studying
my birthday came, day187.
i celebrated it with 3 people.
me,
myself,
and I.
yay.
oh and Sammy, my pipe-cleaner friend who later died when confronted with an open car window and a big moving tire.
:{
4 months after that i left the school knowing i probably failed every exam.
except Art.
a no-brainer.
and this being a kenyan school i wouldnt get my results until i came back from America.
if i came back.
July 13th 2008 day311,i left kenya thinking i would never come back.
the happiest day of the year
by far.
saw my parents and my brother [J-bro] and my sister [TC] at the airport and my friends a few days after.
i went to a christian camp
and a performing arts camp
and my friends houses.
my best friends my age are
Torrent G.
Dylan W.
Bonnie F.
Briana D.
Alicia B.
Jamie S.
and
Rachael B.
we hung out as much as we could.
8 weeks later i was on a plane to London
i began my 312th day in kenya on september 14th 2008.
i missed 2 weeks of school, so i had to catch up.
again.
yay.
and i went back to my GET UP AT 5AM-EAT-PUT ON STUPID UNIFORM-RUSH OUT DOOR routine.
another yay.
so here i am now, day342, in kenya....
i've done some tests and quizzes and i think i passed them.
emphasis on the word think.
i mean
lets face it.
i'm not the sharpest pencil in the case.

later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey B,

    I saw a picture of you in your uniform. Not exactly your style. Especially the green polka-dot tie.

    Words fail me. I guess I'd have to say if you can rock green polka-dots you can rock the world.

    Sorry, that was the best I could do.

    Peace,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete