Wednesday, October 22, 2008

day350

i'm allergic to chocolate.
great.
just great.
everything bad happens to me in kenya.

i found out at lunch the other day.
i don't usually have chocolate.
actually i have it almost never.
but i decided i would find out if i was allergic.
like my dad.

i would always joke about it.
i mean
who in the world is allergic to chocolate?

me.

i thought i wasn't allergic to anything.
people are allergic to peanuts.
chemicals.
special color dyes.
even water.

i break out will suspicious looking rashes.
especially on my fourarms.
...
did i just write fourarms?
ha.
four arms.
a common mistake.
i do not in fact have four arms.

maybe it's just kenyan chocolate?
i hope?
....

this week is my week off.
actually it's my week to do school work.
i just don't have to get up early.
but it's kinda ironic....
they give us vacation...
to do work...
??
did i miss something there?

when i'm not doing school work or avoiding chocolate
i'm drawing cartoons and stick figures.
i'm also on the school basketball team.
the most fun i have at school is on that court.
it's that or
i'm writing my novel.
or rapping.
or working out.
or adding to my comic strip, JUNIOR.
or dreaming weird dreams.
or not getting an sleep.

ok.
so here's one of the dreams i had.

i had the power of flight.
and people were hiding things in suitcases for me to find.
but i don't actually know they were for me.
on impulse i took the suitcases.
i don't remember what i did with them when i took them.
i was also wearing gloves.
while i was in the air i threw them at green and light colored trees.
after that i went to open the gate, thinking that a huge truck was leaving the house.
but instead here comes a small guy with a wheelbarrow.
i was completely confused.
i went to the back of the truck to sit down.
there's this guy there accusing me of something.
i deny whatever he's accusing me of and ask him if they found my finger prints.
he says,
and i quote,
"Big whoop, you wore gloves."
i then explain to him that i threw them at the trees.
and then he said something that confused me so much i woke up.
"You cried and washed our hands off with your tears."

another night.
this time there were no dreams.
well
technically
i didn't sleep.
it happened last thursday night.
i finish my work and studying at about 12am.
i go to sleep.
at least i try.

there's this stupid ladder in my room.
it fell waking me up and scaring the crap out of me.
then i couldn't go back to sleep.
i would close my eyes for a few seconds and almost drift off...
but then "EEEEEEEEE!!!!"
the horrible sound of a mosquito, right in my ear.
so i stumbled out of bed to get my mosquito net when i stubbed my toe on my desk leg.
i finally get the net.
i climb into bed and i hit my head on the desk and my phone falls then slides under the bed.
great.
if i thought that was all....
someone turns on the light and says
"wake up".
at this point in time i'm screaming "why me?why me?".
in my head of course.
i finally reach down and get my phone.
4:53am.
2hrs and 7mins of sleep i'm betting.

today is day350
i can't wait to leave.
i say i can't wait.
but here i am....
waiting...

later.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Bryan,
    It's Gladiator. You have a great sense of humor. I love reading your blog. Not that I don't believe you want to come home. It's just the way you express it is hilarious. You know, that guy in the bible, Joseph, was in a few places he didn't care for. Maybe God has a plan for you there. Take care of yourself and stay close to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gladiator. Stay close to God! And Joseph had some strange dreams too.

    Peace,
    Lisa

    P.S. I'm glad you have two arms.

    ReplyDelete