Wednesday, October 15, 2008

day343

i'm here at school with my friend Isa.
yes, i have friends.
just because i dont like a country doesnt mean hate the people.

i dont have any enemies in this school....
okay maybe one but if you think i'm gonna just blurt out her name to the world...
oh...great.
see, now you know it's a "she".

ok back to the "i dont like the country" part.
it's a nice country it's just not "at home" for me.
you know what i mean?
like...
there are so many different things on a daily basis that i miss.
the small stuff.
like driving on the right side of the road.

and actually going to church.
i know.
i think i just broke 3 teenage rules by saying that.

its so friken hard to explain why i like America so much.
people look at me and wonder,
why are you so passionate about a place?
well all i can say is...
it's not the place as much as what's in the place
like my family.
like my friends.
like macaroni and cheese.

can you imagine a life without macaroni and cheese?

but seriously...
this country lacks a certain American-ness.
you're probably like,
"yea, duh, it's kenya."
but i wish i could bring America with me like in my pocket.

a life long dream.
oh yea.

with halloween right around the corner and my friend's birthday on the 23rd
i look forward to this month with great pleasure and anticipation.


....
NOT.

i dont look forward to anything nowadays except for Saturday when i talk to my friend on AIM.
every other day it's "study this" and "study that" and
"clean your own underwear because we dont have a washing machine and the maid washes by hand because it's so convenient espeially on a rainy day"

sigh.

day343
and i'll just keep counting.

later.

1 comment:

  1. keep on counting Bryan - we're counting too!

    Peace,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete